Friday, November 2, 2012

North Carolina Foggy Landscapes





Worked on color correcting these images today. They are from North Carolina taken with my iPhone while at Penland School of Crafts in August. One morning after breakfast the fog was so heavy and nice coming over the mountains that I skipped out on class and just took a walkabout in the surrounding woods. Couldn't stop looking up and chasing light coming through the cloudy fog. At Penland everywhere feels like an uphill walk and I was afraid if I walked back to my room to get my "real" camera the fog would lift. So the cell phone just had to make due. I walked aimlessly for a while before I realize I was quite unfamiliar with the lay of the land and I had no signal for google maps. I began to be overwhelmed with thoughts of lions and tigers and bears and law & order SVU cases. Then I ran into a few landscape painting students carrying easels and followed my way back. I guess I didn't go too far astray but I decided that was enough of the wandering alone with your head in the clouds for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment