Saturday, July 9, 2011

mono screen prints: another layer

Added a layer of hands doing various things (starting fires, pouring, poking, sprinkling stuff) to the mono screenprints. I think they need another layer at the bottom, maybe text or something yellow.  I printed over my watercolor pallet and I really like the yellow. I did another set of about 20 monprints on the same paper but with yellow watercolor and crayon, no gouache this time.  They look kinda nasty so I'll need to just print over them.



 I worked in the computer lab untill my eyes felt like they were bleeding from staring at the computer screen. I then walked over to the berkeley bowl for some sun-dried tomato hummus. People consume hummus here like it is gold. Then I prepped several images for printing including the image for the San Francisco show in November, some images of hands that I intend to screenprint over, and some of the foggy vellum self-portraits I did a few months ago.  I then got trained by Dan on how to use the printer and printed everything except the self-portraits which turned out red and weird. So I have to wait until Monday to ask the tech what is going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment