Friday, July 15, 2011

SFMOMA


San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is 5 stories tall and it has been 8 or so years since I was there last. I started on the top floor and work my way down. Saw this interesting sculpture when I stepped out of the elevator. It is made of strings of glass beads.
Then walked out on to the turret bridge which included a sound and light sculpture. (I was not impressed).  I did enjoy the architecture. I looked through the grated floor and could see five flights below my feet.

I figured I should take a picture of me on this trip at some point.

part of a sculpture. new hole in a record playing crazy wonky sounds.

Louise Bourgeois

 Sculpture "NEST" one of my favorites. strange it is next to the coffee shop and people are constantly almost tripping over a spider leg.

Calder Sculpture on the rooftop garden. Almost hit me in the head, made the guard gasp. Would have been excellent to try to explain that head injury.

view of the city
Richard Misrach photographs of graffiti in New Orleans in the 3 months after Katrina. Very moving. Many messages about dead pets. Lots of angry people and threats.

Duchamps' fountain
another fountain

Janine Antoni's Lick and Lather made of chocolate and soap. I expected them to smell, they did not.  

Tobias Wong design exhibit was really interesting. This is his mirror with clock. The space was really big and included many pieces ranging from a rubber landscape to a gold playboy drink stirrer.  The medical glassware was very inventive. 
spider legs

went back up to the coffee shop for a fancy cappuccino after walking all five floors

No comments:

Post a Comment