Sunday, October 3, 2010

by the skin of my teeth





"by the skin of my teeth"
by a very small margin, barely; succeed by a minimal measure
used when expressing how difficult something was to achieve

I commandeered an empty classroom while in Bloomington to document this piece. I've never had a wall big enough to install it. I made these prints a few years ago. They are heavily layered screen prints with small ID-like photographs in the corners. There are 32 prints and they are hanging in two rows to represent the number of permanent teeth we have. They show a misunderstanding and confusion I had as a kid. I associated troubles with reading and frustration with a trip to the dentist. It had a little something to do with wisdom teeth and now as an adult I can barely remember it. I want to do a series about teeth eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment