Sunday, October 3, 2010

More Fuller Images (site)





More images from the Fuller Projects. The Fuller Projects are in a building called the McCalla School. It is an old elementary/high school that Indiana University took over and started using for sculpture in the 1970s. It is named after Margaret Hemphill McCalla, Bloomington and Indiana's first female superintendent. In the room adjacent to where I installed, there was a big image of a teacher and her class in the school. I think the picture was taken in the room where my work was. I really like the idea that I installed this work where children used to be. The building is like a big empty shell with all of these reminders of it's past purpose. It made the work have another layer, it was very site engaged. Also had an article in the Indiana Daily Student. The author called me the "next exhibitionist." I love it.

The story is in the Arts section, here it is in PDF form:

No comments:

Post a Comment